Monday, February 7, 2011

Meatballs spaghetti with roasted cherry tomatoes.





stillwahdi.blogspot.com
stillwahdi.blogspot.com
2009 Delicious' Yee Sang




stillwahdi.blogspot.com

stillwahdi.blogspot.com
2010 Delicious' Yee Sang



Since one of my family members has Chinese roots, it's a tradition for us to have Yee Sang during our Chinese New Year gatherings. For the past two years we have had our Yee Sang at Delicious, since theirs was truly delicious!
This year, we went back there to have our annual Yee Sang, but they aren't serving it this time around! Instead, they offer Peking duck, oh boy...



stillwahdi.blogspot.com
A day earlier, I dropped by Jaya grocer to get my weekly supplies, and bought some Chinese gourmet ingredients to be packed into a gift hamper... I think it's fun to make own hamper, instead of getting those readily-packed ones. This way, I get to choose only useful and relevant items, as each item must symbolize something good in Chinese traditions.


stillwahdi.blogspot.com
This is my angpow collection for day one of Chinese New Year. I find the one with the rabbit on it is so cute! On the second day, my brother requested that I make my signature meatballs spaghetti, with roasted cherry tomatoes. So, not wanting to disappoint him, I made it specially for him. It's so easy to prepare this dish but most importantly, it's nourishing!


stillwahdi.blogspot.com


stillwahdi.blogspot.com
Meatballs spaghetti with roasted cherry tomatoes.
All you need to do-

For the meatballs and roasted cherry tomatoes;
•Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven dish; set aside. In a bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, leek, meatballs and add 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Coat the cherry tomatoes with this marinade. Roast the tomatoes and meatballs for about 20 minutes; keep warm on the side.

For the Pasta;
•Cook the spaghetti in a large volume of salted water. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss gently. Mixed well with a spoon full of chopped mint leaf, add a squeeze of lime juice and drizzle with honey and olive oil.

*You can add a generous amount of grated Parmesan before serve.

4 comments:

cek chun said...

menarik ni. ala-ala olio jugak ya wahdi.

Aan Andes said...

Wow! Simple but I can virtually rasa the kesedapannya.

Hehe anyway I know u r a chef but want to write (or talk about it with you LOL), I watched Chef at Home yesterday and he said we have to boil the pasta with heavily salted water to bring out the flavor. If the water is not properly seasoned, the pasta tak sedap nnt. I was like, is itttt? I always cut the salt (or no salt at all) because I think it's better that way! Hahaha... No wonder my pasta mcm biasa je (nak cakap tak sedap, not sure la pulak :P)

One question, do you have any preferred meatballs? The instant one. I have no experience in frozen food and mesti la nak beli yg sedap hehehe....

Thank you Wahdi mwah mwah mwah!

Aan Andes said...

Ehh waitt! Now I notice you pakai black plate!!! So niceeeeeeee! Coincidentally I just bought a set of black plate too! But mine is in squarish design.

After I browse this entry I roughly plan to make this dish and serve it with the black plate. Jangan cakap I tiru okayyy!! Walaupun I memang nak tiru ur recipe! Hehehe.

You have a good weekend!

wahdi said...

Cek Chun- Yeszaa 10 markah! lol

Aandes- I jeles ngan Chef at Home punya kitchen esp, stock kat dapur dia LOL! yes air garam actually jadikan ur spaghetti masak tapi tak too soft...ahaha pinggan hitam gak? o.k nnt dah upload u let me know, i nak tgk :P btw bought that plate from Ikea :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin