Monday, March 29, 2010

Roasted Tomatoes & Mussels

stillwahdi.blogspot.com

Yesterday, I cooked a few dishes for lunch. Anyway I cook on a daily basis nowadays! Yeah... cooking is fun, and I never seem to get bored of it!

Lately, I find myself loving simple, fresh and fast dishes... and most importantly, they must be nourishing. Whenever possible, I would shorten the cooking time too, to keep the nutrients intact.


stillwahdi.blogspot.com

One of my dishes is the Mussels Salad. I roasted some small tomatoes with a dash of lemon, thyme, olive oil, and glazing them with honey. Once roasted, I blended in some well roasted tomatoes, garlic, a touch of black pepper and a pinch of salt to marinate my NZ mussels prior to cooking them for a minute in a hot oven.


stillwahdi.blogspot.com
stillwahdi.blogspot.com


I shredded some carrots, cucumber and celery, and mixed them in a big bowl with some herbs and olives - and drizzled with the juice from the roasted tomatoes.

stillwahdi.blogspot.com
I had arranged them in the bowls, put in the roasted tomatoes along with the mussels
and it was ready to be served!



stillwahdi.blogspot.com
I love the salad, especially with flavors of spring and summer!



stillwahdi.blogspot.com

15 comments:

Resm A. said...

your foodies pics never fail to make me hungry...and gambar sangat meletops okay...

Aan Andes said...

I love mussels and romaine tomatoes! Yup simple cooking with the right ingredient is divine! Tak payah berkecah2 dapur ni. But suka je traditional cook sambal gulai bagai, provided org lain yg masak and kemas :P

ckucin said...

making me hungry right now.. cess..

f. said...

I love your workkkkkkkkk!!! so much!!!!!!!!! :D

DDFABULOUS.COM said...

aduhhhh temptingnya...
tangkap leleh nie...

wahdi said...

Akmal- yeke bro? thnx!

Aan Andes- kann, kalau simple mmg so devine kalau kena bhn2nya gethu, btw samelah here traditional mmg all time favourite! nak buat serahkan org lain :D

wahdi said...

Ckucin- haha :P

Farah- Hi there, thnx! luv ur pics,they are so gorgeous!

wahdi said...

DD- jgn leleh atas bantal k? LOL

Faisal Admar said...

omg. sedap!
nak rasa :)

wahdi said...

Faisal- hehe sila lah rasa :D

dian said...

presentation memang gempak !! :)

baincardin said...

Let's save the tiger! ^_^

Faisal Admar said...

eh i realize 2 bowls.

wahdi said...

Faisal- hehe yer 2 mangkuk :D

Unknown said...

love tomatoes...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin