Sunday, September 13, 2009

Breaking the fast - Salade de tomates et calmar

I went to Bangsar Village yesterday to get my Baju Melayu and some gifts for my loved ones ;) Did my groceries there, too. Originally, I was looking for some black cherry tomatoes, a kind of my favourite cherry tomatoes in France... but it wasn't available here... I have learned to prepare this salad from my French classmate when I visited her family in Jouy. But this simple recipe had turned into an incredible appertizer!

I promised my family members to prepare Salade de tomates noir (Black tomatoes salad) ONLY if the tomatoes are available. So I ended up with a squid tomato salad (Salade de tomates et calmar ) as appertizer for iftar (breaking the fast) instead.


Phatnfierce.com
Lovely oval cherry tomatoes! I actually ate an entire bowl of it, macam makan strawberry,
right after terawih...


Phatnfierce.com
Here is my Salade de tomates et calmar !


Phatnfierce.com




To prepare it:

1. Simply marinate the cut squid with fennel powder, honey, lime juice and grill it.

2. Mix the squid with cut cherry tomatoes, chopped parsley and cucumber .

3. Dress with vinaigrette (traditional french dressing) which you can simply prepare at home.

4. To prepare the vinaigrette, combine honey, mustard, garlic and flavorful oils and vinegars.




Selamat berpuasa!



9 comments:

ckucin said...

love when u taking food photography.. ni wat kecur air liur time2 posa ni.. heheheheheh..

Perempuan Pemimpi said...

herm..anti blog ni bila dia da sebut pasal food photog. hahaha.salam ramadhan bro.

Perempuan Pemimpi said...

helo bro. boleh je. tp saya free on weekend je.hahaa..saya ni brada kat tengah sabah.kerja. so weekend je available utk berumba-ramba.haha

y_awy said...

mmg nmpk menyelerakan la masakan awak.. :)

hmm.. x sakit perut ke klu mkn tomato byk2? ;p
i like tht tomato too.. remind me of someone.. huhuh .. :)

akupunyahal said...

sedap nampaknya.. especially untuk berbuka puasa

nus said...

laparnye...x baek la u

ckucin said...

selamat hari raya to wahdi n family.. keep on posting those great pics tau..

Mat Gebu said...

salam wahdi, selamat menyambut lebaran yang mulia, maaf zahir dan batin..

Anonymous said...

bila nak naik badan asik makan mcm ni je...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin